Friday, January 9, 2009

I know that we are butterflies.

You probably have no idea how inspiring this photo is to me. So, I'll just tell you.

This photo entitled "My Pet Giraffe" was taken by Kim Smith. I saw a picture of her on Flickr not too long ago holding up an issue of JPG magazine with this photo published in it. I had been looking at her photos for about an hour before that and couldn't believe that she had been published! I felt like I knew her and had just been told right then and there that her photo had been published in a widely-known magazine. Suddenly, I was so excited for her! And since then, I have been determined to work harder and get my photography published in the near future. And JPG magazine is one of the resources that can help make that happen. 

So every time I look at this amazing picture, I am reminded that I can do it. I can do what I love doing and be good at it. I can succeed if I just want it bad enough and try. I can break out of all these layers of insecurity and see my potential. I owe all I am and all I do and will ever do to God. Without You, I am nothing.

Also, a few side notes. The song "Cathedrals" = by Joan Osborne = covered by Jump Little Children = both good takes on the song = go LISTEN. 

1 comment:

Elisha Cho said...

that was an awesome read