Monday, July 7, 2008

Do You Really Want To Live Forever?

Lately, I've bombarded with the fact that I have not found that someone. I haven't dated, I haven't been "heartbroken", I haven't fallen IN LOVE.
WHAT?
Well, I apologize if everyone is disappointed. I will try to put myself out there more, maybe lower my standards and date a guy who I don't even think is attractive or anyone I could spend the rest of my life with to make YOU HAPPY. I don't know exactly what I'm looking for, but I know what I'm NOT looking for. But apparently this doesn't matter because it would be a tragedy to have to die alone. Right? Well, here is a new flash. I'm NOT ALONE. Nor will I ever be alone even if there isn't a guy in my life. Lord knows I want to find love, I want to feel it, I want to get married, I want to pour into someone's life in that way, sure! But it is not my duty as a human being, as a girl more specifically, to be "out there", to be effing flirting all the time. I talk to guys, I hang out with them, I don't live in a cave! I shower, I'm feminine, I know when to hold my tongue. I don't curse, I don't smoke, I don't drink. I can be loud, I can be quiet, I can be soft, I can be abrasive. I do what I do, and I'm fine with it. If no guys find that attractive, if no males out there in the world see me as someone fit to have a relationship with/spend their lives with, then so be it. I cannot spend every waking minute thinking of this, I will just take a note from Jane Austen. I will dream, I will write, I may die without a man, but I will still go out being me. And definitely not without love.