Sunday, July 20, 2008

Words Cannot Describe.

Well, what I am about to show you is somewhat ridiculous and the result of a conversation between Nora and I, yet again. This happened a few weeks ago, and for some reason, I haven't posted it until now. We were just talking nonsense, but couldn't seem to stop! So here it is, maybe it will make you giggle or inspire you in some strange unforeseen way. Sorry it's underlined too, I couldn't get it to go away.

whattdotheyknow: I think

whattdotheyknow: that if I were to climb up the mountain right outside,

whattdotheyknow: and scream every beautiful word,

whattdotheyknow: they would all fly to you,

whattdotheyknow: and settle into bed with you.

whattdotheyknow: because small things,

whattdotheyknow: little ones that your amazing self does,

whattdotheyknow: they grab my shoulders, spin, and stop. and they say "most people wouldn't dare."

lightsandtrees: i'm not really even sure what to say next. thats like an ending. you know? why should anyone add anything else. that made my ears hot.

lightsandtrees: hahah i wish i had a mountain to climb, i would have my hiking boots on right now. and i would just hope that all the beautiful words would come out right.

lightsandtrees: and maybe the words would collide in the air and split the sky.

lightsandtrees: and maybe they wouldnt. but we could try.

whattdotheyknow: and what would people think, passing by?

lightsandtrees: their eyes might start to burn, but it feels good to cry.

whattdotheyknow: we'll tell them, Brooklyn. why do we have to be shy?

lightsandtrees: well, clear out your lungs nora, tonight's the night and we'll never know why.

whattdotheyknow: Unimaginable. fear of the sparks in the wind replaced the good, and now they're not afraid to die.

lightsandtrees: lets make something of each other, forget the judgemental eye. raise a fist, look loose, straighten your tie. (why are you wearing a tie?)

whattdotheyknow: Brooklyn! Bury yourself! Don't shorten your supply. Love is all you need, as do I.

lightsandtrees: we're all high, a city in the sky, buried in the middle of everyones lost guys, in a pile of minced meat pies, taken from the sellers of expensive lies, we can just try, the harder to love the more worth it is to die.

lightsandtrees: lets stop, lets slow down.. that took a lot out of me. oh my.

whattdotheyknow: Dirty men in the bar on mondays, flexing evil eyes and drinking eau de vie. The dishtowel? Ah, it's semidry, but DUCK! Look out for the spanish fly. I can tell you're a spy, you're on the sly and in junior high you talked of william bligh and world war one. sickening, and real. feel it? feel it? quiet now! don't awaken the dead.

whattdotheyknow: love love love love its all i feel.

lightsandtrees: i feel it too.

lightsandtrees: people make me say it, that forlorn battlecry. people are afraid of that four letter word, they deny deny deny.

lightsandtrees: WE ARE FREE, NORA! FREE TO FLY. never ahead, never behind, just a rushing breeze in our cigarette eyes. we can feel and see and do, its what all the proverbs imply, can they just SAY IT. WHY. make a note, a tone, a buzz in my ear, feel it in my brain, coursing through my veins, it cant be a lie, its no margarine spread on my rye, its complete with hook and anchor, dragging us down to die. Right where we want to be.

whattdotheyknow: Your miraculous fingers change my mind. Mind to body, limb to ground, kick the stones without a sound. Skipping, losing, but winning it all. The peaceful things we make aren't our downfall.

whattdotheyknow: I love you, I love you, and I'll say it again. I love you, and don't stress on the bits and pieces of your violin.

whattdotheyknow: An end note, please? Before I fall over.

lightsandtrees: nora, i want to make you a house made of clover. I will build it stretching across our two mountains with the longest hallway, and four fountains. Everyone will see and wonder, what love has creates the most beautiful house where nothing bad happens and, with singing, there is never an end.


No comments: