Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Love in the time of...

well. right now.
I could really use some love. In any form, basically. Mostly in the form of company, I suppose. I'm sitting here reading for an essay I should've written hours ago and I'm starting to feel pretty alone. I know I'm never alone in the most literal sense because, for one, Lauren is only about four feet away from me sleeping like a baby...or a stump. If stumps sleep. Anyway, then there's the other side of things. I always have God right here with me, watching and hearing everything I do, caring for me in the best way every passing second. But it's human interaction that I need, obviously. The kind of love one person shares for another. 
I had a really good day today. I woke up on time, and got ready pretty quickly since I knew before i went to bed last night what i was wearing today. Also, because it's what I wore to the Easter/birthday party at my cousin's house on Sunday. So it made things a lot simpler. Then after getting to class about ten minutes late, like always, I sat with Ashley and Adriann and listened to Jeff Lewis talk about God's heart for the nations. He mentioned one thing that really got to me today, and I guess pertains to my whole feelings of loneliness. He asked if any of us has noticed whether or not that when people pray for others, they say "God, please be with so and so.." Then he went on to explain how if our brains weren't turned off prior to every prayer, then we would realize that God is already with them! And I probably looked a little awkward nodding eagerly in his general direction the entire time he was talking about this. I just couldn't help it, it was so true, It just hit me like a sack of cheese-its. The Hot & Spicy kind (which I bought this evening at Stater Bros. with Stephanie, just so you know.) 
So after class was out, I walked out into the sunshine leaving behind me my art class which I should've gone to next but decided to go to lunch instead. First bad decision of the day, but I can happily say that it's only one of a less amount that usual. I walked by the Caf and saw Liz, Hannah, Evan, Erin, Ben, and the whole gang. A hot bunch, lemme just say. And then when I walked into the "swipey area" as we all oddly call it, I see Liz bounding towards me like a gazelle. Moments later, she is hanging from me like a really heavy sweater and talking crazy speak while little Wanda watches in amazement. So, the plan is that Liz will go to class for about ten minutes, since apparently she can do that, and then we're off to the beach! I really felt like today called for a little ocean, sand, magazine-reading, and dream-telling. And thats exactly what we did! First we stopped at Wal-greens so I could purchase the latest issue of Vogue, a double pack of polaroids, and a bottle of water. After a brief "face of death" encounter with a hispanic lady at the exit/entrance of the store, we set off on our adventure. On the way, I get some things off my chest to Liz about her latest boy. (Not "latest" in the terms that the word is used. I mean.. the one she likes now. hahah) And at the end of the conversation, I felt that everything was much lighter than it was before and decided to listen some good music and dance. Once we got into Newport, I noticed that it looks a lot like Coronado and parts of San Diego. Liz has never been there, so I asked her, "Do you love it here?" And she swung her head down as if giving up even trying to explain how much she loves the place and replied, "Yes. I mean, I practically grew up here." Then I told her how much she would love San Diego. Plans in the making? Yes.
Once we got our quarters in the parking meter, we headed for the perfect spot. Which it was, except for the one time an umbrella attempted to decapitate Liz. And she was right, that sunscreen does go really far. Anyway, after watching a group of asian girls bury one of their own in the sand and then stand around to take no doubt pictures for myspace after, I received a wake up call and realized that I should be heading back to school. Before spring break, I promised Erin that I would help her with this solo project she's starting with our friend Andrew. This is all to raise money for ISP, I believe. Sometimes I'm a bad listener and a really good day dreamer at the same time, and that's just not a good thing. She's recording a CD of.. well, a lot of things. And I am scheduled to be a hidden track on the CD, doing a rendition of "Bootz", a stupid song about boots that I wrote about two months ago OR The Deuce Deuce Riot rap from the new student retreat which I am still pretty famous for. Either way, it should cause people to fall out of their chairs in a fit of laughter or confusion, if and when they discover the hidden track. So, as we begin rushing back to Riverside so I can be hastily dropped off at Andrew's apt., we discover traffic... everywhere. Bad traffic. And normally I'm a pretty huge fan of traffic, because I like riding in the car with friends, and traffic just tends to prolong that which is no problem with me. But I honestly do understand why people hate it so much. Today, I had to be somewhere and getting stuck in traffic was not welcome in my schedule of things to do. So after being an hour and a half late to the recording, Erin informs me, while I am still in traffic, that we are going to do the recording another day. And THAT day, I can tell you, I will not be going to the beach or anywhere that involves getting on a freeway for that matter. I really want to be a part of her project, so I've got to take all precautions. 
Then! On our way back, we stop at Liz' house so she can pick up a few things she'll need to use to get ready here at school since she left all of her stuff she normally has here at home. I watch a commercial for Nutrisystem and make a mental note that I should start that again this summer. We leave and Liz explains to me in spanish that we should stop by Subway on the way back to school and split a five dollar footlong. This sounds like a brilliant idea so I agree to it. It was in fact a good idea, and we got a Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki footlong with all the chicken on my side since Liz' "Daniel Fast" isn't over for about another five or so days. Then Liz realizes that she really needs to get gas, asks me what she should do, and I just tell her to do it. And she needed someone to hold "the lever thingy" while she sticks the pump in. Haha, oh man.
Finally we get back to school, and I rush up to the room, because by this time I am ten minutes late for a small Bible study that I am leading! I walk inside the room to find Lauren and Paige chatting it up and breath a sigh of relief knowing that there was at least twenty more minutes of this about to happen. I sit my stuff down and wait for Liz to cut the sandwich in half and bring me mine. To be honest, I hadnt prepared at all for the Bible study and on the way over was basically panicking about what I was going to talk about. We do our Bible studies on the attributes, characteristics, or names of God. I've done Jehovah Jireh and Lauren has talked about God justness. Tonight it was all about how God is LOVE. WHAT! I know, why didnt I think of that from the start. Well, I really just read a lot of scripture, which everyone seems to like because that's why we started this Bible study anyway. Its not called a "read this book that this lady wrote and talk about it" study. Its not a "watch this video of a sermon and then answer the questions in this book" study. Its called a Bible study. So thats exactly what we planned to do. And what we have been doing. The Bible study normally only consists of me and Lauren and then our regular attendees, Courtney and Paige. Courtney has been busy with Senior things lately, so the group has been switched up a lot, which I really like. Tonight it was just Lauren, Paige, and I and the girls talked about boyfriends and what to do with living situations next year while I secretly prepared. Lauren proclaimed that she was feeling pretty sick, and with each cough came another even louder cough and another sickness complaint. Not that she isn't really sick, its just the process of getting sick that's funny. People always want to let you know exactly what's going so horribly wrong with their bodies, and what better way by coughing and running your hand over your flushed face mumbling, "I don' feew good." And Lauren just dramatizes everything else up, so why not this? I do think she's honestly under the weather, to finish this unnecessary point.
After bible study, Liz comes waltzing in reminding me that wanted to look something up on the internet earlier, and that we should do it now. We both saw a billboard for "Moonvertisements". Yes, like advertisements projected on the moon. We are extremely gullible girls, let me just tell you. We thought this was real, and started looking up information on it. We tried to find the website that was on the bottom of the billboard, and it didn't exist apparently. This should've given it away to us right off the bat. But we hesitated for a moment and continued the search. Finally, we ended up on Yahoo! Answers and discovered that our hopes and dreams placed in this Moonvertising were all lofty and drifted away from us just as fast as we had conjured them. Then, we decided to watch the T.V. show The Hills' star, Heidi Montag's, ridiculous music video for her song "Higher" which was described by the tabloids as a huge joke. We read the article inside while waiting in line at Juice It Up! and were stoked to find out that Heidi had in fact hired Spencer Pratt to do the filming, with which he did a horrible job turned the cheap video shoot into a disaster for Heidi's musical career. Liz, Lauren and I laughed hysterically at the video and at the spoof's and parodies made just after it's release. So good. 
Then I received a text that read, "Hey, do you wanna come with me to Target in like an hour?" It was from Alisha, and I immediately agreed. At almost exactly an hour later, she called me saying she was just outside waiting. So I ran down stairs and we were off. At target I saw my good friend Adrian's fiance. I had never seen her face to face before, only on myspace, so right away when I saw her, I didnt really know where I knew her from. I kindly smiled and walked in another direction. I hurried over to Alisha to say who, I had just seen and admitted that I should've turned around and caught up to her so I could meet her and introduce myself. But that time has come and gone, so hopefully I will get to meet her soon. After I got back, so did lauren. She had gone to eat dinner with Caitlin, her BFF and came in on the phone with Cory experiencing bad reception. I decided to quietly wash the dishes and then start on my essay. Then a girl on my hall, Stephanie, asked if I would go with her to Stater Bros. I agreed, and the look on her face suggested that she didn't expect that answer at all. She mentioned she had to get Cranberry Juice because she thought she was getting a bladder infection. You have to know, this girl isn't exactly very well liked by girls on our hall, or anyone she comes in contact with for that matter. She's very rude and prude. Wow, she rhymes. She will compliment something about you only to smatter the next few comments she makes with snide remarks about things she thinks you could improve upon. She also has a mom haircut, so she looks extra demeaning. But just because of this doesn't mean I would pass up the perfect chance to get to know her better by going to store with her. It was actually really fun. I made the mistake of prompting a guy behind us in line that he was welcome to set his stuff down because there was plenty of room. He then began to explain nearly his entire life to me and let's just say it got more awkward that it should've. Plus, the people of stater bros. banned together at check out counter #5 to retrieve a balloon attempting to make its escape by floating up to the ceiling and refusing to come down. Eventually they did it though, with a loud roar of applause and laughter following. I shouted, "ALMOST!" at one point in time during the capturing. I guess I accidentally got kind of into it. Anyone could do it, simple mistake. Hahaha
Then I came back here to my room, and sat. Procrastinating for a while. Lauren talked to me for a bit about her boyfriend problems and then turned the T.V. on and rolled over for bed while I sat here contemplating how much time would I let pass before I opened Word and worked on my paper.
Here I am, no paper completed but plan on emailing it to her tomorrow when I'm finished with it. But I did find energy to write this. I am so strange. Well, to whoever reads this, you probably should find some sort of hobby besides reading all my pointless ramblings of a day that was supposed to be pretty good but turned out to sound vaguely mediocre, at best. Good luck in all your endeavors, I must be headed off to sleep now. I will sleep soundly, and tomorrow I will try to make really good decisions.
Tomorrow I get to sign up for classes for the Fall. Six classes. Lets hope I get to walk into them in September.

No comments: