Thursday, March 27, 2008

You're Never Fully Dressed


so last night, I committed my first felony. 

I didn't think I would ever say that in my life, but once you hear what I have to say, you will understand. I haven't ruined my life with this act, but rather, improved my skills in handling a spontaneous situation of boredom. 
My friend Ben and I were awaiting the arrival of our friend Liz at a movie theatre in Corona (one that was supposedly non-existent..."It was 18, Ben. 18!") While we were figuring out a movie to see, he mentioned that we should go to Starbucks since he works there and gets sweet discounts. That sounded amazing since it was completely freezing outside, chilling us to the bones at about 400 degrees below zero. Or something like that. We go inside and before ordering find out that the movie to see is 10,000 B.C., or so we were told by a guy Ben knows from South Africa. Obviously his opinion is automatically boss. 
From that moment on, we continued to explore the outer regions of the theatre, patiently waiting for Liz to show up. No text, no call. Where could she be? Ben decided he wants to take some pictures by the fountain, so we do. A serious of strange happenings occur after this normal event consisting of confusing spanish for japanese, considering a job a sbarro, talking to the entire building of barnes and noble, thinking about walking over there, decided to drive, noticing its closed, trying to drive through a hedge, and then finally the happening of all happenings. As we're laughing imagining Liz arriving to movies only to see us not waiting outside the theatre but a couple parking lots away attempting to drive straight through a hedge, Ben says, "Hey, uhm, let's just like drive around and find something to shoot. I have a paintball gun." At the moment, my brain had been slightly unhinged by the amount of coffee I had just consumed and the amount of boredom I was dying to unleash on the world, so I just decided to do it. Yeah, let's shoot something. 
Okay, I can agree at this point that shoot public property with a paintball gun is a bad idea and, according to Tim, even though its not a real gun, it's still a felony. Oh tim and your pancake.. cake. 
Whilst shooting the paintball gun at a concrete wall, Ben drives by a plastic bag on the ground and I say, "shoot the bag!" and he does, also causing a salad to slip out of the bag. He shot that as well. Soon we exited the parking lot, discovering that Liz was, in fact, not going to be able to make it to the movies because the worship team practice was running really late (and not going very well apparently). We drove onto the freeway, and while listening to the adrenaline boosting Underoath, we decided to... shoot the sides of Semi's and trailers. I know, I know, I know.
But we did it nevertheless. Well, I did it actually. Also, I accidentally shot Ben's side mirror and the floor of his jeep. Such good times, lemme tell ya. 
Eventually we did correspond with Liz, just as soon as we got back to school. Far away from Corona.. hahhaa. We drive back to Corona to meet her at Denny's and we have a splendid time reenacting the entire night to Liz and taking pictures while eating an early breakfast (since it was 2:30 at this time.) Afterwards, Liz wants to shoot the gun too, since she missed out on the fun earlier, and as soon as we get to the perfect spot, one shot was fired, not by her, and the gun ran out of CO2. What horrible timing. I lay in the road for a little bit while while Ben and Liz take pictures of me, and turns out, when I lay in the road, I look like a fish wearing oversized shoes. Interesting. After all that, we drove Liz back to her car at Denny's and then Ben took me back to the dorms. Right to the front door actually. Hope he didn't ruin the grass. Haha.

This was not intended to be a confession, but more of a confectionary dwawdleedum. I'm not entirely sure what that means exactly, but Lauren is utterly sure that it makes perfect sense in all the right places.


No comments: