Sunday, April 6, 2008

Pride and Prejudice

A movie that I am watching the last out of four times this weekend. I borrowed it from Liz this past week, and am so happy that I did for quite a few reasons. For one, I always tend to have a level of grammar a notch above normal after seeing it once again. Secondly, it calms me down. I am kind of like a rabbit when it comes to getting shaken up, in that I can be very easily. (Note: I do very well in the hot summer months, though. unlike rabbits. Thank the Lord.) I am a stressed out person, but I can be extremely good at hiding it. Procrastination is key. But, in the end, that tactic only worsens the situation. But that's another story. This movie knows exactly what to show me to lower my heartbeat and slow my thoughts down to a normal speed. I tend to feel extremely motivated when the credits roll after all that much needed relaxation. While I do seem to do less than most people in this busy world, I rarely ever feel relaxed. It's like my muscles are always tense and ready to pounce upon any invader of comfort. Irritability and nervousness set in soon enough and before you know it, I'm making to-do lists. But I pop that DVD into the player and take a step back from the long line of stresses and see what's clearly important and what can sit on the back burner for a while. Now, I can't exactly say that I have had many incidents where this movie has turned my weekend upside-down considering I only realized this entire idea a few days ago (during viewing #2). But I intend to check and re-check myself, and my grammar by watching this movie regularly. Who knows, before long, I might actually pick up the book and read it. Although that might require much-needed patience and time. Know any good movies?

No comments: