Saturday, May 17, 2008

Falling, Slowly.

This is a poem that I wrote quite a while ago on my quite unused myspace blog. 

writing in inks red and yellow hues,
by-pass the exterior basking in blues,
stands of hair whip around and secrets are let loose, 
light is burned into your retinas, little dots are produced.
your gaze tranfixes on the line in the sky,
focus turns to blur, a flock beings to fly.
the bicycle of the long haired boy seems only a spec,
you tilt your head back to feel the sun on your neck.
all custom of thought stands completely still,
asleep in their beds, the town has had its fill.
flinging your head forward, you lean out from the wall
your grip on the concrete ledge loosens and you begin to fall.


I also start to explain how I understand that it seems like a person is jumping off a building, perhaps committing suicide? I wanted to express the feeling of falling in love and letting go, letting it fill you. I have to say, I'm not a top notch poet, nor am I a poet really at all. I'm more of a comedian than I am a poet. And I'm more of a mass of confusion and mumbling than I am comedian. Am I entertaining? Probably.
I guess I wrote on a day when I was feeling especially deep because I cant even really attempt to write anything remotely relevant these days. Not even if I try really hard or get a dictionary out. Haha. I'm not even sure what time of my life I wrote this in. I go through various stages and quite frequently, actually. But I guess thats like everyone else in my generation. Or degeneration, rather. I am hoping that as I go through these "stages" or whatever they are, that I start to change for the better. I wanna be good and do good. And see good. And encourage the spreading of all that goodness. And most importantly, someday, on a day however near or far, I want to hear, "Well done, my good and faithful servant." 

I would also like to add that "Falling Slowly", a song from the movie Once, is a fantastic song. Better than buttered toast. Better than front row seats at U2 on Ice (does it exist? I dont know. But it should.) Better than finally getting that popcorn flakey thing out from between your teeth and your gums. Better than the compliment, "you smell nice." Better than not getting any cheesy email forwards for a whole week. Better than buying whole wheat bread and having it actually taste good. Better than finally teaching your old dog a new trick. Yeah, I know right.

No comments: