Thursday, May 1, 2008

Detached.

I am finally out of school. I am officially no longer a freshman in college and am now a sophomore. I moved out of my dorm room yesterday with the help of my grandparents and Ben. I cannot tell you how annoying that was. My R.A. Heidi was entirely too anal about the whole "check-out" process and made me scrub the walls and the top of the closet, and I had to vacuum three times. I 0nly was charged $24 for damages which is good compared to everyone else. After all that, about an hour after starting the check out thing, ben took me over to the library to return books and print out some crap. I had to handle as issue with the Dept. of Education with a random verification on my FAFSA forms. Long story, but it is now over and dealt with! Okay so, after an extremely long day at school, we were done. Nothing of mine is left at CBU except for two records and a scarf that my friend Hannah has. After a while, Liz and her mom came to pick me up so I could stay the night at their house for some last minute Liz and Ben time. And it was good, but I was so sleepy that I couldn't stay up to watch Whose Line Is It Anyway with then, which I am a little bummed about, I have to admit. They watched it with Liz's brother, who I have yet to really talk to.. and I really wanna talk to the guy. .. uhh haha. Anyway, yesterday I also discovered that my monroe fell out, most likely while I was washing my face, but didn't have time to go get a new one. So I made sure it didn't close up overnight and Liz took me down to the Electric Chair to get a new one. The guy offered to put it in for me, and I thought that was a pretty good idea since it was a new kind of piercing. Minutes later I'm sitting on the chair, in pain, as he complains about the way the original guy pierced my lip at an angle, and attempting to stab the piercing through the hole once more. He says he cant really  re-pierce me so he would just keep trying. eventually, after pretty much destroying the right side of my mouth, he got it to go through and I sat up and basically bolted out of there.  She took me back to the hotel and dropped me off. But I'm not home yet. I am sitting in a hotel room just down the street from the school watching Dennis the Menace with my grandparents while eating hot cheetos and drinking raspberry tea. I am staying for graduation on Saturday morning. I couldn't miss it, man. I know a bunch of people who are graduating and it's a big deal! They have degrees now. I dream of that day. It seems so far away. So the wait here in this hotel room with nothing to do.. its worth it.
I'm really only sad about leaving everyone. I'm basically packing up and leaving my entire social life here for four months. I can't believe college would do that to me! Hahah, how dare it. Make love a huge group of people and then make me leave them for the longest summer. Usually, my friends and I are celebrating over the summer, altogether. And now we all have to celebrate it apart. Yes, I do get to go home to Marybeth and some Brawley peoples. But I have met so many amazing people to add to that, thats its just.. it makes me sad. 
Now i think i will take a nap and wait for someone to tell me whats going on with watching the Office...since I have a feeling I will be up late tonight anyway.
I CANT MISS THE OFFICE@!P(@*#)(&#.

No comments: