Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Sunrise, Sunset, Summer



Oh summer.
Where are you going?
I wish you could stay for awhile, have another round of drinks.

So, here I am. Almost done with my second month of summer. And I've hardly done anything. I am not going to complain, it is partly my fault. I am just going to make a promise to myself and my friends that this summer is far from over and that I am going to do everything in my power to make it 100% more summery than could ever be imagined.

Now for the perfect summer playlist. I have worked on this for a while and think I have a good selection here for anyone wanting to sail over the hills and listen to music while a sun-kissed breeze whips its way through your fluttering eye lashes.

This list is 69 songs long. Yes, 69. Yes, that long. Take it, listen, run with it.

1."Mouthwash" by Kate Nash
2. "Summertime" by Mae
3. "Cheap Sunglasses" by ZZ Top
4. "Jogging Gorgeous Summer" by Islands
5. "Starry Eyed Surprise" by Oakenfold
6. "Keep Your Head" by The Ting Tings
7. "The Party Punch" by Oh No Oh My
8. "I Don't Know Why" by Ben Kweller
9. "Lost!" by Coldplay
10. "Gumption" by Hans Zimmer
11. "Thanks and Praise" by G. Love feat. Jasper
12. "The Re-Arranger" by Mates of State
13. "California Sun" by The Ramones
14. "The Gardener" by The Tallest Man On Earth
15. "Let It Be Sung" by Jack Johnson & Matt Costa
16. "Across the Universe" by Fiona Apple
17. "Sunrise" by Norah Jones
18. "No Sleep Tonight" by The Faders
19. "Summer Girls" by LFO
20. "When I'm 64" by The Beatles
21. "String Song" by Deccatree
22. "Change Clothes" by Jay-Z
23. "The Littlest Birds" by The Be Good Tanya's
24. "California Stars" by Billy Bragg & Wilco
25. "Summer 78" by Yann Tiersen
26. "Drill Me" by Portastatic
27. "School's Out" by Alice Cooper
28. "Summer Skin" by Death Cab for Cutie
29. "Summer Breeze" by Jason Mraz
30. "Sugar, Sugar" by The Archies
31. "Life Is A Perception Of Your Own Reality" by Chiodos (CRAZAAAYY GOOOD!)
32. "The Party Song" by Emery
33. "Amsterdam" by Peter Bjorn and John
34. "Summer In The City" by The Lovin' Spoonful
35. "We're at the Top of the World" by The Juliana Theory
36. "Drilling- (P.O.S. REDO)" by Minus The Bear
37. "Time To Pretend" by MGMT
38. "Do You Believe In Magic?" by The Format
39. "Sister Kate" by The Ditty Bops
40. "Fantasy" by Mariah Carey
41. "Far Away" by Ingrid Michaelson
42. "Summertime" by DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince
43. "Summersong" by The Decemberists
44. "I Need A Girl" by P. Diddy feat. Usher
45. "Let's Dance To Joy Division" by The Wombats
46."Fortress" by Pinback
47. "You Send Me" by Aretha Franklin
48. "California Girls" by The Beach Boys
49. "Summer Nights" by John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John
50. "California" by Hawk Nelson
51. "This Is A Song" by The Magic Numbers
52. "Never Too Late" by Michael Franti & Spearhead
53. "Love Shack" by The B-52's
54. "Footloose" by Kenny Loggins
55. "The Big Guns" by Jenny Lewis with The Watson Twins
56. "All I Wanna Do" by Sheryl Crow
57. "By The Way" by Red Hot Chili Peppers
58. "Magnolia" by Matt Costa
59. "California" by Phantom Planet
60. "The Rock Show" by Blink-182
61. "I Feel It All" Feist
62. "Forever Young" by Alphaville
63. "Summer Sunshine" by The Corrs
64. "The Freest Man" by Tilly and The Wall
65. " Barracuda" by Heart
66. "Dreams Come True" by Randy Edelman
67. "Sweet Darlin'" by She & Him
68. "Steal My Sunshine" by Len
69. "Bohemian Rhapsody" by The Flaming Lips



I do realize that this hardly covers all the perfect summer songs.
There might just be a part two coming real soon.


LIVE YOUR LIFE!

No comments: