Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Yes, Mr. Shickadance?

Jim Carrey. Wow. This guy.
He was my first. Hahhaha..
But really. He was. My first ever realization that I loved comedy. In every form. Forever. He sculpted me as a child when I would watch him from behind the couch, so my gramma couldn't see me, play Ace Ventura: Pet Detective. The movie changed my life. Marybeth and I called that our favorite movie of all time and would watch it together at her house when I was finally old enough to call my own shots in the movie world (PG-13 and under, of course.) 
I would quote it all the time, and there is plenty evidence of that in old home movies we have. There would be a quick "re-he-heeealllayyy" I would say in response to something, or I would call someone a "lehhoo-zeh-herrr."
I was Jim Carrey. 

And to this day, He still cracks me up. Everything he does is golden.  I hold on it to it as if it were a part cosmic force of the universe that gave me all my comedic powers and if I let go, the world of laughter would be gone forever. Seriously? Seriously. "Serio." As Nora would say.

I watch this video and for minutes after have to attempt to compose myself. He's my main man.


No comments: